Tuesday 22 October 2013

My Role as Managing Editor

The first week of WINOL involved me discussing ideas on how to improve the overall views/ traffic to the site and also in Georgia's absence I managed all social media on her behalf. Attracting as much traffic to the site as possible is so important because this shows that although we are students we are producing real Journalism for a real audience.

At present, I have designed and submitted an advert for WINOL (which advertises our bulletin) to the University of Winchester design team and now the advert is included in the slideshow shown on the TV screens around the Uni campus. This should most definitely see an increase in views and in general promote WINOL across the campus. The next thing I am working on is taking it a step further and working with Chloe from the design team to set up a live link to the bulletin which will broadcast it every Wednesday, live at 5.

Part of my role is to also to greet and show the guest editors around our newsroom on a Wednesday. I really enjoyed speaking to Joe Curtis from the Hampshire Chronicle last week, I learnt a lot from him and was pleased to hear that he is an avid viewer of WINOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment