Thursday 3 November 2011

This week's WINOL review!

Just like last week's WINOL I was really impressed with the professional looking opening credits of the bulletin and the shots of Winchester which gives a clear indication that the news is local and comes from Winchester.
I was also impressed with the content of this week's WINOL, for example the range of interviews that were included to be were very professional and were worthy of being shown on television. I especially thought that the interview with the MP of Winchester, Steve Brine and the good shots that were captured of London. For instance I liked the idea of interviewing Steve Brine in front of the House of Parliament. A few of the shots were however, slightly shakey but i assume that's due to the handheld camera or even the cold weather.
Unfortunately I did find the interview with UKIP leader Nigel Farage to be difficult to listen to. I'm not sure whether it was due to a muffled microphone but I found it to be pretty unlcear at the start but then it became clear once more.
The report of the protests against Capitalism in Bournemouth shows the diversity of stories that WINOL is able to cover having got footage of the protest as well as interviews from the protesters.
I always think that WINOL excel when it comes to their sports report, it goes on for a little bit too long but then again is having lots of reports and footage or a range of sports a bad thing? The non league round up screen looked very professional to me and was a good way of rounding off that section.
The only criticism I did have was the sound during the WINOL woodwork challenge was really hard to understand, the music seemed to be too loud so it was impossible to hear what the footballers were saying.
On the whole I found this week's WINOL to be of an extremely high standard and still exceeds the expectations that most people would have of a student produced bulletin.

No comments:

Post a Comment