Thursday 27 October 2011

This week's WINOL Review

First of all I'll start on a positive note.. I was impressed with the show's content. There was a wide range of stories and evidently a lot of effort had been put into getting interviews for various stories. However, not everything was worth praising. For example, I thought the presenter of the show was really hard to understand and often she mispronounced and stumbled over her words by often getting tongue tied. I was under the impression that she felt uncomfortable and awkward which therefore made me feel uncomfortable and awkward watching her.
All of the clips didn't seem to me as though they blended together smoothly and most often came to an abrupt end.
I also found it unprofessional that one reporter was reading her report off of a crumpled piece of paper. This gave me the impression that she was unprepared and didn't know much about her story.
I did however, think that things picked up when it came onto the sports section and clips ran more smoothly and in general wasn't as awkward.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shona, I really appreciate your feedback on the bulletin. However, I would just like to explain a few things in response to your post. I was working on production when the bulletin was broadcast on Wesnesday and we experienced a few technical problems, which happens to everyone, even professionals. Justina was put under alot of pressure to deal with the situation. She had to carry on even though our equipment was letting us down. When you get to your second year, if this happens to you, you will realise how difficult this can be. We all stumble at times and I'm sure you will too. Even the very best stumble. Mistakes are good because we learn from them.
    As for the presenter holding the piece of paper, this is a technique used in Journalism in which the presenter can read a quote or comment from someone else and the paper conveys to the viewers that they are not actually the words or views of the reporter. It can also help make the reporter look more relaxed.
    Thanks for your positive comments. I hope this has helped you understand :)

    ReplyDelete