Monday 26 September 2011

Shona Race is no longer a Blog Virgin!

So this is my first post on my brand, spanking new Journalism Blog! I think the common etiquette for blogs is to share your thoughts with the whole web but since our generation is the 'Facebook Generation' I doubt I'll have a problem with this!

Basically my name is Shona Race i went to the same school for 15 years so it feels extremely strange but also liberating to have a change and study at Winchester University. I live in Bournemouth with my two sisters,Sophie and Emilia, my mum and step dad. We also have a new addition in the family who is Toby our new puppy. As any dog owner will know he has become my latest obsession.


The last two years of Sixth Form I believe have caused me to grow up due to many changes such as being able to drive and having a car to look after, to earning and managing my own money. I feel like an oldie even though I only turned 18 in April and do often find myself wondering what happened to the years when all I had to worry about was whether my mum was going to make a nice dinner or not!
I've always been fascinated with Journalism whether its religiously reading Elle Magazine from cover to cover each month to being a huge fan of radio. Which leads on to introducing my boyfriend who is coincidentally in his second year of studying Radio Production at Bournemouth University.

Although I believe journalism has its many fascinating advantages there are also many issues that i feel the media especially exploit for example the alarming fact that my 7 year old sister feels that make up makes you more beautiful :/ Anyway that's enough of me for now and I'm sure to be blogging more soon.

1 comment: